What is paper piecing?! It is a fun technique using an outline stamp and Designer Series Paper to jazz up your creation. Be sure to view the video I created for this card using the Sale A Bration Designer Series Paper and the Best of Birthdays stamp sets.
Paper piecing is a technique that makes more of your stamps. It is very easy to do and gives your stamped images a makeover.
Your Stamping Teacher Tips: When paper piecing, always cut along outside edge of the the black line image. You want to keep the image intact when adhering it to the stamped image underneath. For added interest, I drew some dots to show that the presents are hopping! That helps ground the presents instead of floating in mid air.
Your Stamping Teacher Tip: For added interest, pop up your paper pieced image on a Stampin’ Dimensional.
1st Facebook Fan Giveaway!
You only have until noon February 21st, to visit my Facebook Fan page to be entered into a drawing to win some Stampin’ Up! goodies! Good luck!
Update: Get The Hostess Code! And, FREE Paper Trimmer! Extension until 7 pm. EST
What is that HOSTESS CODE you asked?! Stampin’ Up! has just released to us demonstrators the NEW HOSTESS CODE! I want to try it out! Now you can place an online order anywhere in the country AND if they use your party’s code number, it will count towards YOUR hostess benefits at your workshop! It will also ship directly to your online attendees, as well. How cool is that?!
Here’s how you enter:
- Go to my shopping website: www.christinepyrch.stampinup.net
- Use the hostess code QWKXXAAT, so your order counts towards the FREE Paper Trimmer giveaway.
- Place an order for at least $50 (which entitles you to Sale A Bration freebies!) with any credit card. Clearance Rack and Digital orders count, too!! Yippee!
- Sit back and wait for the winner of the Stampin’ Trimmer to be announced on Thursday, February 21st by 7pm.
- Watch for my February Thank You card which will be sent via snail mail.
- Have questions? Email me at christine@yourstampingteacher or leave a comment below and I’ll get right back to you. Thanks for helping me try out the brand new hostess code function, too! Let me know if you want to have a book party or a Facebook party (or a real-life party!) and get your own hostess code so out-of-town friends and family’s order can count towards your own show!